Travelling from outside Europe
The nearest international airport is Frankfurt /Main, about 100km away. From there you can reach Schoenstatt by rental car or train in about 90 minutes.
From Frankfurt Airport by train to Koblenz:
There are trains to Koblenz from both the long-distance and the regional train stations at Frankfurt Airport, with a through connection every two hours or so. The journey takes approx. 90 minutes, price approx. 20 €.
From Koblenz onwards:
- Taxi: Taxi in front of the station, journey to Schoenstatt costs approx. 17 €.
- Train: Once an hour there is a train from Koblenz to Vallendar.
- Bus: From the bus station (directly in front of the main station) with line 8 /8A in the direction of Bendorf/Sayn to Vallendar Mitte, price approx. 4 €, approx. 20 – 25 minutes travel time.
From Vallendar station to Schoenstatt:
- On foot: Approx. 15 minutes to the Original Shrine Bus line 7/7A: direction Höhr-Grenzhausen to bus stop „Schönstatt“, approx. 300 m to the Original Shrine.
- Taxi: Especially when travelling to houses on the „mountains“.
Taxi companies in Vallendar:
City-Kurier, Vallendar, 0261-66556, firstname.lastname@example.org
Taxi Bank, Vallendar, 0261-63066, 0174 9699628
Arrival with rental car
Rental cars are available directly at Frankfurt Airport. The drive from Frankfurt takes about 90 minutes, depending on traffic, see map for directions. As there is no public transport in Schoenstatt, a rental car may be advisable.
Arrival from within Europe / Germany
The airlines that offer flights within Europe usually also fly to the smaller airports, such as Frankfurt Hahn, Cologne/Bonn or Düsseldorf.
Frankfurt Hahn to Schoenstatt
- Bus: Shuttle bus to Koblenz – VRM 615, runs every two hours from approx. 8.30 a.m. Price: 12.40 €. Journey time: approx. 1.5 hours (as of 2021).
- Rental car: The journey takes about one hour. See „Arriving by car“.
Cologne/Bonn to Schoenstatt
- Train: Trains depart from the airport via Cologne or Bonn or Troisdorf to Koblenz and Vallendar. Price depending on connection from approx. 20 €.
- Rental car: The drive takes one hour. See „Arriving by car“.
Düsseldorf to Schoenstatt
- Train: From the airport to Koblenz. Price from about 30 €, journey time approx. 2.5 hours. From Koblenz see above.
- Rental car: The drive takes one and a half to two hours, depending on traffic. See „Getting there by car“.
Of course, you can also take a taxi from all airports. The cost is between 120 € and 200 €.